Drills

Sponsored Links
Depends what you need it for, a lot of them deals you find have smaller batteries, it seems the batteries make up the bulk of the price

Depends what you need it for, a lot of them deals you find have smaller batteries, it seems the batteries make up the bulk of the price
Not much. Just need a good all round drill for small diy jobs around the house

18v combi with two batteries will do most DIY jobs, and not be too heavy. Two batts so you can charge one while using the other, and not so heavy as one big one.

What do you expect to use an impact driver for?

Sponsored Links
look at lidl and auldy for value
dewalt will be made to diy level rather than trade use in general below3ah batts dewalt diy 4ah trade

3 hrs is too long, expect 40 minutes for a 5Ah battery at best, but one of the economies of special offers is the charger

Blup

Hi

You need to be clear what your project's work is.
Then what you needs are
Does the power last most durations of your needs
Check the reviews, often quite spot on but
you need to decipher them for your own needs, eG if almost always drilling into wood/etc.
Good for the best one you can afford and check the weight.
Then shop around for the item

Thanks

This time last year, I purchased a Metabo 12v drill/impact driver combo. I haven't used the impact driver once. From memory, the impact driver only bumped up the price slightly (I think I paid about £180). On the upside, I managed to purchase the right angle attachment for the drill for only £18 from Boxx the other day (the drill has interchangeable "heads").

I appreciate that I will get flack for the following... I often come across screws that have chewed up heads because someone used a impact driver. There is a lot to be said for using a drill/driver with suitable torque settings. I don't have a problem with impact drivers, per se, but many people clearly don't know how to use them properly (I am not saying that I do). I wouldn't want to use one for anything other than first fix type work. There is no way I would use one to fit kitchen cupboard doors (for example).

I bought a Milwaukee. Part of the reason was a different style of hammer, drill and torque setting as I have had problems with the usual type. A lot of trade people stick with Dewalt.

Conversation with Screwfix asking about my idea of pro tools = more or less last for ever. Answer drills - none of them any more. It's why they sell bodies less batteries or did. Not looked for a while.

With batteries and something that isn't used that often remember to recharge even then or you will have problems when you do actually get to use them. May even be a good idea to take the battery out when just being stored.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back