Dust to dawn pir?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a number of lights I'd like to switch on to 20% during the evening/night, and 100% when a PIR activation takes place.

I'd like to have a number of PIRs, any of which trigger all lights. I can do this part by connecting the PIRs in parrallel, and the load in series, so any PIR will close the circuit.

How would I add dusk to dawn functionality? Thanks.

Kind Regards,
Shane Cook.

Sponsored Links
Have the PIR's supplied via the dawn to dusk sensor .. ensure your PIR's are capable of switching the load of all your lights!

Problem here is the lights will still only be at 20% as they are connected in series and to do this you would be breaking the feed across the lamp. To wire in parallel then the nuetral would be used at the lamp connection and there is no way that would work.

Can you get stand alone external dusk to dawn sensors as we have security lighting on our aviaries that I'd like to control this way

Yes .. you can get stand alone Dawn to Dusk sensors that would control a number of lights.

ERPEC1000.jpg

External Photo-Cell Switch

5 Amp Switch on at 55 or 70 LUX.

Mouldings are polycarbonate for vandal resistance and Uv inhibited.
Designed to switch a lighting load on and off automatically at dusk and dawn.

Pre-calibrated to allow for a 10 minute warming up period for sodium or mercury lighting.

Sponsored Links
Scook17, you dont want one of them (sorry alexnic) go to B & Q get a standalone pir. they do sell one that does exactly what you want (you can adjust the amount it is on and when the pir trips it goes to 100%) and it only works dusk to dawn, I have one out side it works great, as for wiring more in parlell DON'T

Breezer, do you know what model this is? Thanks.

Kind Regards,
Shane Cook.

Breezer ...that DtD was for Scoby_Beasley's question above about his aviaries :)

alexnic sorry :oops:

scook17 i think they were called hi-lo (cost about £14.00)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back