E6 on Belling dish washer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Anyone care to comment ? E6 on dishwasher, we checked for posts on internet Saw E6 is balance.stripped side panels on machine and removed base for access to floater switch. Switch makes clicking noise when moved ...so working.Wedged paper under switch so it was immobile ,that resulted in E4 appearing ...Drainage problem ...no water in machine ...though it tries to drain. Machine has been on its back and sides,tipped all directions. Pulling it apart doing my husbands head in ...he is doing my head in because i want to keep trying and not call out anyone .. :confused: Marie

Sponsored Links
Anyone care to comment ?
Yes....Domestic appliances often lead to domestic arguments :rolleyes:

E6 has nothing to do with "balance"....it indicates an open circuit thermistor.
As it is obvious neither of you know what you are doing why not save all the hassle & call out someone who does?

Anyone care to comment ?
Yes....Domestic appliances often lead to domestic arguments :rolleyes:

E6 has nothing to do with "balance"....it indicates an open circuit thermistor.
As it is obvious neither of you know what you are doing why not save all the hassle & call out someone who does?
Read on a "post"somewhere that E6 was balance...also read that it was "thermistor " prob Brother in law fixes machines but he Googles the probs and then charges a fortune ! nearly cheaper to buy a new machine in Ireland .

Sponsored Links
Nice brother in law :rolleyes:
The thermistor costs around £6 & looks like this http://www.spares4appliances.co.uk/s4ag3177web1-belling-dishwasher-ntc-thermistor.html
Find your model number & google the correct spare. If that doesn't solve the problem it has an element/pcb fault.
Regardless it only costs you 6 quid to find out. Unless dishwashers in Ireland are incredibly cheap you have little to lose.
thanks a million for advice ,i hadnt checked the forum lately so didnt see your post .Contacted a local Appliance repair man ,and told him your advice,he said you were correct .Thanks again for advice .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back