EA Fault Code Worcester Bosch

Sponsored Links
Does the boiler 'gurgle' 'bubble' before locking out?

If not then it's probably your electrodes, what boiler isit? 16 years old sounds like a HE?

Electrodes have been swapped last year. They also replaced condenser seal and unblocked the trap. I'm surprised that the big company did all that under a reasonably cheap service plan.

If it does the condensate is not getting away and is building up in the heat exchanger, changing electrodes wont make any difference

Will this damage the boiler beyond repair?

Sponsored Links
Customers are no position to judge the quality of gas work...it's not like painting and decorating so all these reviews are futile.
There's just no way he could have possibly checked out the boiler in such a limited time...get your money back.
When it comes to EA faults unless you have a very thorough service history of the boiler is is best to carry out a full service to rule out the simple problems.
The service will cost around £80 in parts alone and it's a laborious job. That will solve most EA faults.

Thanks and I agree the customer is often not in a position to comment.

However my flu is only visable externally from the back garden. Is a visual usually done on these from outside while the boiler is on? Only he never went out the back.

Also on the service summary sheet it is just a list of tests passed where as the big company that did it last year wrote that they had cleaned things, replaced a seal, and unblocked the trap as well.

I remember last year the engineer asked for a bin as there was a clump of gunk he'd cleaned out and I heard a hoover going and saw he had some cleaning tools. The service engineer yesterday only had a tool bag with meters and drivers in.

I have CO alarms in every room with a gas appliance but the engineer yesterday ticked "No" where the service sheet asks if there is a CO alarm fitted.

You said they were 'sanded down' last year

Sorry my mistake. I was going through the documents from my boiler cover and it says they were subsequently replaced 3 months after the initial service when they sanded them off. Cannot recall if they ordered them after the first service or we had a problem which prompted the swap. The wife was in during that call not me. Good job we didn't buy new ones.

I asked the boss of the company if he could come and check out the work but he appears to have blocked me from messaging/calling.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back