Electric cable required. You would think it was easy!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Nice and easy thinks I once I had dropped the oven out, pulled the rear cover and seen the burnt out frame connector. Got a connector but the harness was back ordered. Burnt the ends off the connector terminals and melted 6 inch of insulator so I was swapping that out also.
Could not get one anywhere else than manufacturer - Its a Matsui seei.
Thinks ( Really must learn no to do this )" How hard can it be to get 2 metres of blue, 2 of brown and 1 of earth to replace the whole burnt out bits? ".
Been making looms for years but not for ovens!

2 months and too many emails and phone calls to suppliers.

Standard conversation seems to be:
Soooo, you want 5 rolls of 100metres?
No, just 5 metres
As in 5 (Five) metres?
Yes 5.

:LOL: HAhaHahHAHAHAHhahahahHAHAHAh NEXT! :LOL:

Best I have managed is a 50 metre roll! Result
Does anyone know where I can get High temp ( 180 degree ) 1.5mm / 20A max multi strand wire. Silicone seems to be the stuff. The old cable is Tansel T-SIF.
Sorry to ramble but I have hit the desperation buffers - even been looking in America but I just don't trust tan coloured cable that is legal in Canada also!

Sponsored Links
Call your nearest motor rewind workshop & ask if the can sell you a few metres of 1.5mm class H cable (180C).

I can't tell what area you live in , but any electrical wholesaler will supply the cable you need or a suitable equivalent alternative. Try yellow pages in your area as a first step in finding one.

Cheers for the info about rewind guys. I'm near Doncaster so considering the history with locos, there is a few - Bit of a dying trade though. I'll get onto some after work monday.

Been looking at R/C aircraft, on a tangent I know, but they use high temp 16 amp and its available in metre lengths. Not too sure about the HUGE difference in voltage though, thats assuming they use 12v - more likely less. To me, theoretically!, if it is 1.5mm / 16A, it would just be a difference in wattage ( 3800W at 240v or 190W at 12v ) so should be OK. BUT... If not, I don't want to explain it to the insurance Or the Mrs for that matter!

Regarding wholesalers, they will sell me it but only as a complete drum and I don't want 95 metres sat in my garage!

Could get a drum and advertise the rest PER METRE on ebay! Hmmmmmmm...Now there's a thought....... :idea:

Sponsored Links
I'm near Doncaster

Regarding wholesalers, they will sell me it but only as a complete drum and I don't want 95 metres sat in my garage!

Could get a drum and advertise the rest PER METRE on ebay! Hmmmmmmm...Now there's a thought....... :idea:
Sorry about the bum steer, your local wholesalers must have different policies to ours, where you can always buy by the metre.

:D :D Zipper, you top banana!
called in to another rewind shop, they made a couple of phone calls and 5 minutes later I have a few yards of silicone 180 degree cable.
Got to thank Doncaster Motor Rewinds for being mega helpful even though they probably thought " What the ...?"
Roll of cable £100+,
Couple of metres £5 in the biscuit fund
Oven up and running
Non fried dinner at last!

Cheers for the help guys.

Lol we get people coming into the workshop after heat resistant cable.

They have a choice buy some new stuff from us (we sell by the metre) or they can go grab some from a scrap machine out the back and chuck some pennies into the charity box.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back