electric cooker

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have an old house, and are just in the process of putting in a new kitchen, ive wired in a cooker point for the new hob which is ok, as its on its own supply. No problem there. The cooker however has a plug top wired to it which i will cut of and wire to a fused spur to keep it neat and tidy. But the house only has one circuit for the sockets so everything is on this one circuit. i know not everything will be plugged in at once and pulling max load, i have had no problems in the past but had a gas hob, and the old cooker wired to the cooker switch which will know have the hob wired to it. But will the cooker wired into the ring main present a problem the cooker rating is 2.2kw. And if so what would be the best solution, apart from a rewire. Thanks for any help much app :D [/b]

Sponsored Links
There is no problem wiring the oven to the ring main, but cutting off the plug will most likely void the warranty.

Are you sure the old supply is suitable for the new hobs load? An oven draws far less current than a hob... What size cable is used and what fuse/MCB is it connected to?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back