Electric fan oven query

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Tricity electric fan double oven cooker but hardly ever use the large oven. My problem is this. I have had a mouse in my kitchen for the last few weeks and every time I try to trap him, he runs under the cooker. I have moven the cooker away to look but he is not there and there is no other way out as I have blocked all exits off. I turned the cooker on its back so I could see underneath, but all I could see was lot of dusty lagging, so I cleaned out all the rubbish with my vacuum cleaner, but couldn't see any sing of the blighter! He may,of course be in my vacuum bag but I have taken the precaution of covering the back and the bottom of the cooker with fairly strong plastic so I can see if he can get out of that. My concern is, is it safe to operate the cooker with the plastic on, as I understand it does not use outside air to operate the fans? Sorry to be so long winded but I wanted to explain everything :)

Sponsored Links
I wouldn't use the oven whilst its wrapped in plastic. It's worth noting that if its a field mouse then they are capable of getting through a hole the size of a biro pen believe it or not !!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back