electric or power shower?help needed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there, i ahve an old electric shower it is a REDRING PLUS 8S

i want to get a new one, i know i can get an electric one fited is it possible to get a power shower fitted???

i stay on a top floor on 3 floors, so im high up, ive heard that this may casue problems

advice is much needed

thanks

Sponsored Links
When you say "a power shower" do you mean a hot & cold feed mixer with a pump or an electric shower with a cold feed?

bobafet said:
Hi there, i ahve an old electric shower it is a REDRING PLUS 8S

i want to get a new one, i know i can get an electric one fited is it possible to get a power shower fitted???

i stay on a top floor on 3 floors, so im high up, ive heard that this may casue problems

advice is much needed

thanks

For a power shower you will need both hot and cold water supply going to the shower which is then pumped to make it more powerful.
If you can do that you can have a power shower.
If not, your only other option is an electric shower.

As another alternative you can also get a pumped electric shower which is fed from a header tank.

Sponsored Links
Something to take into account is that you cannot use a power shower with a combi-boiler. Also, your old electric shower will probably have 6mm cable and today's modern powerful showers are mostly 9/10Kw and will require 10mm cable. So:

Without a combi-boiler you can have anything, but you might need to change the cables to get a powerful spray from an electric one. Or,

If you have a combi boiler you can only have an electric (cable change?) or mixer shower. Mixer showers, incl shower/bath mixers, with thermostatic control are useful with families, but a simple shower mixer, without thermostatic control, is ideal for a single person or couple (nobody else opening taps elsewhere)

Question people, off subject abit.

With pumped showers what are they "genrally" rated at.

For my education.

Cheers in advancexx

My power shower (hot and cold feed from cylinder and header tank and a motor to pump it)

IIRC It runs at a whopping 25W

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back