electric outlets (ringmain spur etc) (WITH PICS) please help

I don't think we are particularly rude, electricians are known to be one of the more jovial trades, but we have a sense of humour failure when it comes to unsafe work and bodge ups.

Leaving aside whether you should have notified this or not. you freely admit to bodging up work on your mums home, you clearly have little or no idea what you are doing and have not got the requisite kit to do the job properly. The only advice a pro electrician or even a gifted amateur can give you is for haven sake get someone who is qualified/experienced to sort this out before it ends in tears.

You will also find text speak abbreviations frustrate people, show you havn't spent any time composing your post which reflects badly from the getgo.

Sponsored Links
I don't think we are particularly rude, electricians are known to be one of the more jovial trades, but we have a sense of humour failure when it comes to unsafe work and bodge ups.

Leaving aside whether you should have notified this or not. you freely admit to bodging up work on your mums home, you clearly have little or no idea what you are doing and have not got the requisite kit to do the job properly. The only advice a pro electrician or even a gifted amateur can give you is for haven sake get someone who is qualified/experienced to sort this out before it ends in tears.

You will also find text speak abbreviations frustrate people, show you havn't spent any time composing your post which reflects badly from the getgo.
God you lot make it sound like its rocket science.

and its not bodged at all (would of been if i didnt add the fused spur)
thats why i asked about the 2 spurs as i knew 1 was only ment to be

anyway i was going to make it just a extend to a ring main but didnt wnt to rewire if i didnt have to,found out the fuse spur lets you run of more than 1 spur from a ringmain socket/junctionbox etc so thats me sorted and will always know for future

and as for testing for a ringmain i think you lot go over the top
just test for continuity and if so,presto and to be safe look at consumer see if 2x2.5s are their and on a 30amp and your good to go

so pretty daym easy if you ask me
i mean theirs things in electricity i could never do
but i think this is easy

just extend to ringmain if always possible
but if not just 1 spur or add a fused spur and branch of quiet a few although i wouldnt want to go over 4

i mean if its the kitchen then thats when you should allways do a ring main period and no branching off if poss as thats where their hi load things are

anyway thanks everyone for scaring me lol
but im 100% i mean even the guide on here tells you just test for continuity lol

anyway bye

Sponsored Links
anyway i rang my uncle who used to be a electrician to pop round and check
Let's hope he manages to drum into your thick head the fact that you should never go anywhere near electrical installation work ever again.

God you lot make it sound like its rocket science.
It's not, but it might as well be as far as you're concerned.

and its not bodged at all
Yes it is - the quality of your workmanship is appalling, your understanding of testing is laughable and your general level of knowledge is pitifully low.

i just did it slightly bodged this time

found out the fuse spur lets you run of more than 1 spur from a ringmain socket/junctionbox etc so thats me sorted and will always no for future
So you didn't even know that basic design fact (which shows that you have no actual understanding of the rules for circuit protection), and yet you thought you were competent to do electrical installation work?

You're an idiot.

and as for testing for a ringmain i think you lot go over the top
I think you should be locked up.

just test for continuity
How, and with what, oh Electrical Wizard?

so pretty daym easy if you ask me
i mean theirs things in electricity i could never do
but i think this is easy
I'm sure you do, but that's only because you are an ignorant fool with absolutely no comprehension whatsoever of the staggering depth of your ignorance.

i mean if its the kitchen then thats when you should allways do a ring main period

rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl5.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl5.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl5.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl5.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl5.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl5.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl5.gif

You clown.

but im 100%
100% what though - that's the question.

i mean even the guide on here tells you just test for continuity
Does it?

Which guide is that, then?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back