Electric Shower Not Working – Please Help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Can someone please advise what could be wrong before I call in an electrician.

The pull switch for the electric shower does not light hence the shower does not work, I have checked the fuse box and all looks ok there.

What can be wrong?

I’m thinking of taking off the cover from the pull switch cover on the ceiling to see if there is any wires that could have detached.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
i was about to post my problem but then saw that you have the EXACT same problem as me!!

my shower, before it stopped working altogether, started taking 5-10 seconds for the water to come through which wasn't normal.

its a Mira zest

sorry to jump on your thread but it seems silly having 2 threads with the same topic!!

hotuk said:
Hi,
Can someone please advise what could be wrong before I call in an electrician.
I have checked the fuse box and all looks ok
Thanks
Please expand, do you have fuses(cartridge or re-wirable) or circuit breakers? Do you have the means to test fuses, you cannot always tell just by looking at them.

If you have no neon light and your fuses or breakers are still set, then turn off the power and remove the pull cord switch. You should be able to see if a wire is out. If not then you'll need a multimeter to test for continuity across the switch. Then test for voltage (with the power back on.)

Does the pull cord still click; does it feel any different?

You may need a new switch.

Sponsored Links
Do not take the pull switch apart without first ensuring that the power is off as although there is no power (apparently) to the shower, the switch could still be live.If there is a loose wire then it could pop out and bite you!

If you cannot find the shower fuse/breaker then you will have to isolate the whole of your installation and find the circuit after you have fixed the shower.If you feel any of this is beyond you then hire the service of a competant electrician recommended to you by friends/family etc

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back