Electric Shower power light

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
When I switch the shower on, the light on the pull chord switch goes off and the shower doesn`t work. It`s a brand new shower, could it be the Pull Chord Switch ?? can you help me with this annoying electrical problem ??
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Is this when you are switching the shower on from the pull cord, or from the shower?

How 'brand new' is the shower? Has it been working normally up to now?

Brand new out the box today, I had trouble switching the old one off and stupidly thought that the shower was the problem

Sponsored Links
your pull cord connections are loose and / or burnt..
turn off at the CU and open the switch.. look for scorch marks and replace the switch if you find any.. tighten all the screws anyway...

Have you checked the connections at the pull switch?

Isolate the supply before you do. There may be evidence of overheating or arching

ColJack beat me to that one.. :rolleyes:

I think that you have wired the switch incorrectly, check your connections (L & N and IN and OUT)

Thanks for your reply. The switch, like the old shower, was working untill an intermitent fault developed over the last week. It had been wired and worked as it is for 8yrs, I`ve taken the switch off and noticed some scorching, as was previously suggested.

Brand new out the box today, I had trouble switching the old one off and stupidly thought that the shower was the problem
Is the rating of the new shower the same as the old one, or have you bought a more powerful unit?

Same rating on shower as old one. I`ve fixed it now thanks, it was the pull cord switch, I changed it to a new one, problem solved. Thanks for everyones help

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back