Electric Shower - Pressure Release Valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have installed a Gainsborough 8.5kw electric shower today. The water flow was fine until I connected the shower hose and head. As soon as those were connected the pressure relief valve kicked in. I reduced the inflow pressure until this stopped however as soon as I raised the shower hose higher than the shower unit the release valve kicked in again. I have reduced the inflow further and turned up the temperature gauge to reduce the outflow further but it has had little effect. I am limited to 2 drips and a splash before the release valve kicks in rendering the shower useless.
Is there anything else I should be checking before uninstalling and returning to the shop?
Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Have you used your own hose and head as opposed to the one that came in the box as gainsborough are a nuisance for blowing out the prv with anything other than there own heads

No, I used their components. I even tried swapping them out after but to no joy. I'm not sure exactly when the PRV started kicking in, but I'm pretty sure it was when I fitted the shower head.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back