Electric shower problems

sounds like you have a faulty tco (thermal cutout) on the outlet pipe.
but thats inside the shower unit you would have to remove the front cover and check to see if the wires are burnt etc.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your helpful advice Steve and Seco. I don't mind having a bar mixer, the bathroom is hardly my dream bathroom anyway so I'm not precious about seeing pipework.

Any ideas about how much I'm likely to end up paying to get the current problem fixed or to get a new shower installed? (Very roughly).

Could it be something as simple as the water input filter is blocked?

Every time I have moved house, the fitted electric showers had this common problem causing problems with the water heating etc.

Could it be something as simple as the water input filter is blocked?

Every time I have moved house, the fitted electric showers had this common problem causing problems with the water heating etc.

common practice would be to check all valves are fully open and filter is clean.
if i remember the tx has a low pressure light that would come on in that situation.

Sponsored Links
a new shower would be about £60+ unpwards if you fitted it yourself. Not sure how a bar mixer would be fitted onto an external wall without walls having to be chased out though ...

maybe a normal bath/shower mixer/bar mixer would be your best and easiest bet, seeing as you have good pressure also, via your combi...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back