Electrical switch & moving oven question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Folks.

I would like to move my gas cooker over slightly. There is enough gas pipe but it would move the oven beneath this switch which i understand is for electric oven (if one should be fit in the future).
The switch itself does nothing but believed to be "live".

The landlord is not happy for it to removed or relocated. Is there a way of keeping this switch & that will allow the safe movement of the cooker beneath it ??

ElectricSwitch.jpg

Sponsored Links
As long as the switch doesn't feed anything, what about disconnecting it from the fuseboard, connector blocking the live in and supply out so that they are separate and popping a blank plate on to replace the switch? that way is could be re-used in the future.

sounds good to me ... Is this something simple that i can do or do i need to get a professional in ???

Well if it was me, I'd not do any work myself in a property I rented as it's really the landlords responsibility.

It's a quick job for an electrician who can properly check that the circuit is dead. Can you get your landlord to fork out, given you managed to come up with such a brilliant solution?!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back