Electrically-heated towel-rails.

Reaction score
Country
France
Hi

Would be glad for your thoughts on the above. I want a medium ( 2 people) and a large (4 people) of decent quality with timer and (possibly) thermostat.

I didn't think this would be a difficult product decision as I expected this to be a very simple, low-tech , reliable product, but having read some comments on items from DIY sheds, there seem to be frequent failures on bottom-range items.

These comments were made on French forums, but the same products turn up as budget range all over,

Can source UK-based product so suggestion for brands/suppliers welcome.

Thank you.

Sponsored Links
Hi

Would be glad for your thoughts on the above. I want a medium ( 2 people) and a large (4 people) of decent quality with timer and (possibly) thermostat.

Thank you.

Silly me I thought a bathroom was a room for one person at a time ? Could you explain why you have referenced med / lge- 2 and 4 people ?

This is a really wild and wacky guess, but just maybe he has 2 bathrooms used by 2 and 4 people respectively, and needs towel rails of the right size to hang 2 and 4 towels on, respectively?

Sponsored Links
Well, one year on and I really am going to buy those towel-rails in the next four weeks !

Still grateful for any comments for alternatives, but in the meantime like the look of these.

http://www.bathempire.com/thermosta...ic-towel-radiator--1600-x-450mm_p22359987.htm

I like the appearance, the warranty and the fact that it is only 63 mm deep. One thing that I am not certain about is that the customer has to fill the rad with " water/anti-freeze solution to 95% of capacity " ( called the company for this info ).

Is this unusual and is it an indication that this is a lower-quality product ? The company uses the same bodies for rads linked to c.h and the electric ones.

My only basis for this question is seeing Dimplex (?) ads long ago where they highlighted "oil-filled". This could however have been that old marketing trick about making a virtue out of a necessity.

Once again I would be very happen to benefit from your huge experience and look at any alternatives. I am sourcing in the U.K.

I would ask about pressure relief valves and secondary thermal cut outs to cater for a failed thermostat allowing the heater to bring the water to the boil in what might be a sealed unit.

And if it depends only on a pressure relief valve then in which direction will that valve send the jet of steam and scalding water if it has to operate.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back