Electricians guide to the building regs?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I gave away my copy of electrician guide to the building regs (iee book). I thought I'd wait for the ammended version before replacing it.

I can't seem to find it.
I don't suppose anyone knows if and when it's going to turn up?

Thanks,
Chris.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Now on 17th edition emendment 1 of the wiring regulations, green book rather than red.

Building regs probably haven't changed?. I liked the EGBR, it told you socket heights etc which I don't believe are in BGB or OSG.

Before I went and bought the 2008 edition, I was wondering if there was a 2011 edition out or due. But maybe neither :)

Building regs probably haven't changed?. I liked the EGBR, it told you socket heights etc which I don't believe are in BGB or OSG. Before I went and bought the 2008 edition, I was wondering if there was a 2011 edition out or due. But maybe neither :)
If the Building Regs haven't changed (and I don't think that any relevent bits have) since 2008, there's presumably no reason why a new 'Guide to the Building Regs' should be published just because BS7671 has been amended? If a 2011 version had been published, it would be easy to find - so I think you can forget that possibility. As others have said, if you want to know if/when a new edition of the EGBR is planned, calling the IET seems the obvious thing to do.

Kind Regards, John

I gave away my copy of electrician guide to the building regs (iee book).
Will the person you gave it to give it back?

If so that will avoid the really annoying outcome of you having to go and buy a replacement copy of a book which you had and then gave away...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back