Enclosing Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

we have a combination boiler in our spare room and are thinking about building a fitted wardrobe are there regulation that state that a combi boiler should not be enclosed in a cupboard.

Thabks

James

Sponsored Links
may i offer this piece of advice

build your cupboard (it will probably need lots of ventilation, and insulation from everything else)

but make your cupboard so that you can easily take it apart for servicing, easy access to boiler from all sides. trust me, if you make it easy now you will not regret it. best thing is to leave it alone, stick fridge magnets on it

edited for typo

just tell us the model ( pref Gas council number) and type ie open flue / room sealed and we will tell you the requirements.

Sponsored Links
Hi,

It is a Baxi Genesis 80, G.C.N 47 077 01.

It is room sealed and fan assisted.

Thanks for the help

james

Any (gas) boiler can go in a cupboard.
Requirements for spacings and vents (IF required) are in the installation instructions.
Construction must be such that the boiler's bit of the cupboard is separate from clothes etc so they don't get within the spacing distances.
You mustn't keep anything flammable - ie propane cylinders, white spirit etc, in the cupd.

If the air vents communicate with outside you require 128cm2 vent top and the same at the bottom of the compartment, if communicating with another room it's 257cm2 high and low.

STOPPIT!!

Many combis don't need vents - read the instructions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Exactly what I did read and then posted the information that was asked for above.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back