england return to a heros welcome

Don't forget George Best, and he never played in a world cup finals tournament.

But you can't deny he was quality and the current crop of the England "golden generation" ain't fit to lace his boots.

Sponsored Links
[I suppose it all depends on the term world class, I would say to be world class you have to be in the top 3 players of your position. Germany didnt have any players of that calibre yesterday, England had a couple.

say what? you think england have players that are in the top three in the world in their position? erm....no.

Steven Gerrard is in the top 3 midfielders, thats why other managers keep trying to tempt him away from Liverpool for obscene amounts

Rooney on form (forget the World Cup) at club level is one of the top 3 strikers in Europe

Ashley Cole is one of the best left backs in Europe, I think Lahm and Abidal will just edge it though, but I would put him in the top 3

If you watch a lot of football you cant disagree with any of them

so we have moved from the best three in the world to the best three in europe?

on their day they might just make it, consistently, i disagree.

Lets call it the world then, all the top players in their relative positions play in Europe. Can you name a world class player, who is regarded one of the best in their position who plays outside of Europe?

Sponsored Links
Back