england return to a heros welcome

Heard a joke on the radio.

Why did the chicken cross the road?

According to FIFA - it didn't. :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Most of the England players are "forced" to play for their country (if asked) through their sponsorship contract terms and conditions. I have little doubt that for a significant number of them their heart isn't in it anyway.

It really is time to chuck a lot of the team out and start again with fresh and untainted blood. This is what capello's predecessor tried half-heartedly to do (hence ditching beckham), but his lack of nerve and vision failed him.

England no have world class players; world class players perform well at the highest level-the world cup.

England no have world class players; world class players perform well at the highest level-the world cup.
I heard many years ago how Willie Thorn scored more 147 breaks in snooker whilst practising than any other professional alive. And yet, I don't recall him winning a string of titles.

So, exactly as dangermouse says, they may be technically "better". But it doesn't matter a hill of beans if they don't produce the goods, which they won't do if they aren't "hungry" for it and are given huge salaries and lucrative sponsorship deals regardless of their performance.

Sponsored Links

Obviously not a football fan then.

Kaka, world class
Gerrard, world class
Rooney, world class
Ronaldo, world class
Torres, world class
Eto, world class
Van Persie, world class

Top off my head, there are a bunch of world class players. Not performing on the highest level.

Then you have the likes of Maicon, club level hes a decent player...this World Cup hes been the best player for Brazil and prob the best defender of the tournament.

Then we have the likes of Klose, rubbish at Bayern and getting on a bit now.....outstanding at international level.

So thats the point i'm trying to make, world class players dont always perform well on the big stage. Its down to the manager and the backroom staff to get the best out of the players. yes there could be some riff in the background that no one knows about. How many household names do you know from the Slovakian team, apart from maybe Skrtel. Most of their players play at championship level, but they have been brilliant at this World Cup

Rooney and Gerard have failed to perform at 2 world cups now; they are just not good enough. The term world class is much over used in my opinion.

True world class players are few and far between but here are a few

Pele
Maradonna
Gazza
Ronaldinho
Johan Cryuff

these have all cut it in the world cup.

Rooney and Gerard have failed to perform at 2 world cups now; they are just not good enough. The term world class is much over used in my opinion.

True world class players are few and far between but here are a few

Pele
Maradonna
Gazza
Ronaldinho
Johan Cryuff

these have all cut it in the world cup.

They have yes, wouldnt disagree with that, but players like that are more than world class. They are 'one offs' who exceed the term world class...in my opinion anyway. You could also add Platini, Best, Beckebauer, Eusabio, Zidane,

But like I said, you dont have to be amazing in a World Cup to be world class, its just a bigger stage to show your skills to a wider audience.

I suppose it all depends on the term world class, I would say to be world class you have to be in the top 3 players of your position. Germany didnt have any players of that calibre yesterday, England had a couple.

So I think maybe the debate is, how would you determine a world class player?

Everyone would define world class differently .

What england had missing was HEART they where slow to the ball did not battle for the ball and let the game pass them by . 4 games and nothing .
Can you say honestly that any of them played for the jersey.

And how can you name ten players and say they are one offs surely they are ten offs :LOL:

Newsfash

London airports have been closed tonight due to a severe weather warning .

There is a massive shower of sh#te heading this way from south africa tonight

Newsfash

London airports have been closed tonight due to a severe weather warning .

There is a massive shower of sh#te heading this way from south africa tonight

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

You've gotta fckn laugh, now that we're out I can honestly say this shower plunged depths undreamed of by previous showers.

[I suppose it all depends on the term world class, I would say to be world class you have to be in the top 3 players of your position. Germany didnt have any players of that calibre yesterday, England had a couple.

say what? you think england have players that are in the top three in the world in their position? erm....no.

Steven Gerrard is in the top 3 midfielders, thats why other managers keep trying to tempt him away from Liverpool for obscene amounts

Rooney on form (forget the World Cup) at club level is one of the top 3 strikers in Europe

Ashley Cole is one of the best left backs in Europe, I think Lahm and Abidal will just edge it though, but I would put him in the top 3

If you watch a lot of football you cant disagree with any of them

Steven Gerrard is in the top 3 midfielders, thats why other managers keep trying to tempt him away from Liverpool for obscene amounts

Rooney on form (forget the World Cup) at club level is one of the top 3 strikers in Europe

Ashley Cole is one of the best left backs in Europe, I think Lahm and Abidal will just edge it though, but I would put him in the top 3

If you watch a lot of football you cant disagree with any of them

Agreed. And you've got lamps as well, who even rednose calls 'special', (and no - I'm not a chelsea fan) who's got to be one of the top midfielders in Europe on prem form. Got to be a problem with Andy CAPP.

Sponsored Links
Back