Entire police unit resigns 'in disgust' because two officers were suspended for pushing elderly man

Sponsored Links
America being America the compo lawyers probably got to the old guy before the medics.
The police will payout to avoid a media circus of bad publicity and the old guy can hire someone else to do his protesting for him.
So you didn't answer the question - makes me wonder why you bothered to highlight my post?

he walked into a situation that most people would have recognised as been hazardous. Knowingly confronting a squad of riot police as they are preparing for conflict is a fairly reckless thing to do. I may admire his spirit but I am not remotely surprised at the outcome. Yes the police could have done better, but at the end of the day they are only human too, probably somewhat frightened and apprehensive about what lay ahead for them, many of the proceeding riots had contained much violence with a police officer being shot in the head at one.
He didn't even really raise his arms at the police and we don't know what was said. And then the policeman who shoved him just let him lay there with blood coming out of his ears.
This isn't being being frightened or apprehensive of what may happen. This is police not knowing how to police. Contrary to believe, the police are there to keep the law, peace and protect their citizens. The only aggression I see here was entirely done by the police, police who by the way, said initially he tripped and fell until video emerged.... Let's not forget this man is elderly - what was he, 75? How frightening he must've been to all those cops....

Come on, stop victim blaming.

So you didn't answer the question - makes me wonder why you bothered to highlight my post?
Stop it STFF, you are behaving like a BBC journalist and asking questions that snowflakes find difficult to answer. Vinty will be complaining next that you are shouting over him.:rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
A terrible incident but the video does not tell the whole story. How many times was he ASKED to step back? When refusing to do so, how many times was he TOLD to step back? Was there a serious incident occurring out of shot that the police needed to attend urgently?
What was most shocking was the man being obviously seriously injured and bleeding, one officer paused to attend but was immediately told to ignore him and then all walked passed the poor chap.

A terrible incident but the video does not tell the whole story. How many times was he ASKED to step back? When refusing to do so, how many times was he TOLD to step back? Was there a serious incident occurring out of shot that the police needed to attend urgently?
What was most shocking was the man being obviously seriously injured and bleeding, one officer paused to attend but was immediately told to ignore him and then all walked passed the poor chap.
Doesn't matter. You arrest him if he is disturbing the peace you don't shove him into brain injury.

Doesn't matter. You arrest him if he is disturbing the peace you don't shove him into brain injury.
it was an excuse for a bit of violence -the guy was not a threat and the police were not in a dangerous rioting situation.

the guy is 75 years old, there was no need to give him a massive push so he hit his head.

He didn't even really raise his arms at the police and we don't know what was said. And then the policeman who shoved him just let him lay there with blood coming out of his ears.
This isn't being being frightened or apprehensive of what may happen. This is police not knowing how to police. Contrary to believe, the police are there to keep the law, peace and protect their citizens. The only aggression I see here was entirely done by the police, police who by the way, said initially he tripped and fell until video emerged.... Let's not forget this man is elderly - what was he, 75? How frightening he must've been to all those cops....

Come on, stop victim blaming.
it didn't seem to be a hard or violent push, the gentleman seemed to stumble and fall backwards.
I would imagine paramedics are always close by when riot police are operational, one officer seemed to be on the radio, maybe he was asking for immediate help?

And some times victims need to shoulder some responsibility - if I was to walk on a busy road at night dressed as a ninja. Could some blame by apportioned to me when the inevitable happened?

it didn't seem to be a hard or violent push, the gentleman seemed to stumble and fall backwards.
I would imagine paramedics are always close by when riot police are operational, one officer seemed to be on the radio, maybe he was asking for immediate help?

And some times victims need to shoulder some responsibility - if I was to walk on a busy road at night dressed as a ninja. Could some blame by apportioned to me when the inevitable happened?
Stop victim blaming.

If he was so old and doddery that a little shove sent him sprawling, why was he walking headlong into massed ranks of riot police in a potentially volatile situation?

This victim is largely to blame. Victim of his own stupidity. Put your hand in the wasps nest - expect to get stung.

Incredible bravery from dozens of well trained well protected riot police. They must be proud, as they watch the blood seeping from his fractured skull.

We can't say that the police took pleasure from what resulted. No one took a baton to his head. An OAP going for a tussle with riot police must take some responsibility when it all goes wrong.

If he was so old and doddery that a little shove sent him sprawling, why was he walking headlong into massed ranks of riot police in a potentially volatile situation?

This victim is largely to blame. Victim of his own stupidity. Put your hand in the wasps nest - expect to get stung.
Interesting that you compare the American cops to a wasp nest who are violent.
I think that's pretty much the point of these protests...

Interesting that you compare the American cops to a wasp nest who are violent.
I think that's pretty much the point of these protests...

Wasps usually only attack when provoked. If you do provoke either wasps or advancing riot police, you'd better make sure you can handle any reaction. Pops didn't look too steady on his feet. Should have known better.

Sponsored Links
Back