"Equal" pay rant!

• Thread starter Deleted member 307320
  • Start date
This isn't a job where it comes down to natural talent though...

And an 18 year old Pele had been playing football for over a decade!

It was a bad example. Bear in mind I know nothing about your industry.

She may have new talents and fresher ideas than an old dinosaur . I'm not being disrespectful to you, I'm just trying to get my point across

Sponsored Links
It was a bad example. Bear in mind I know nothing about your industry.

She may have new talents and fresher ideas than an old dinosaur . I'm not being disrespectful to you, I'm just trying to get my point across

I'm an audio engineer, it's a highly technical role so the important thing is knowing how to use the equipment.

Sponsored Links
I'm an audio engineer, it's a highly technical role so the important thing is knowing how to use the equipment.

The girl who used to do my acupuncture has a boyfriend who was a professional photographer . His industry was getting affected by people selling shots from their iPhone. We are living in a changing world.

She's worth what somebody is willing to pay.

If she asks for a rate and people pay it, she's worth it.

I do agree that pay should reflect time, experience, knowledge, skill, etc., but "worth" is a concept entirely in the mind.

Yes, significantly! That's not being big headed, it's just the honest truth...

I recommended this person to one of my regular clients assuming she'd be expecting a trainee rate, so I doubt they'll employ her again if she wants the same rate as they pay me...
even if she does the same standard or better than you , They may not come back to you at all if they are happy with her

The girl who used to do my acupuncture has a boyfriend who was a professional photographer . His industry was getting affected by people selling shots from their iPhone. We are living in a changing world.
Each town Used to have a few Pro photographers that everyone used for weddings etc getting your photo album and picking photos for relatives etc .With all the cost involved to photographer ,
Now there is multitude about and they just hand people a USB stick and charge a thousand quid

She can't do 90% of the work I do!
Its wide spread in the plumbing heating industry especially after the papers saying how much pimlico plumbers etc were on . Just about every new comer coming into the industry thought they could run before they could walk and charging ridiculous prices for very substandard work they eventually get found out but not before a lot of ripped off disappointed customers
I

She can't do 90% of the work I do!

If she can't then your quids in.

It's tough in my business as I'll loose out to a push fit plumber who's really a tiler.
I've seen it where they make such a mess that the customer looses as well, but the horse has bolted with the cowboy riding into the sunset.

Each town Used to have a few Pro photographers that everyone used for weddings etc getting your photo album and picking photos for relatives etc .With all the cost involved to photographer ,
Now there is multitude about and they just hand people a USB stick and charge a thousand quid
Yeah, we had that at our daughters wedding although they took about a thousand pictures and uploaded them to a website. In my day, the photographer took the photos at the actual wedding ceremony then dashed off and developed them before bringing them back to the reception and laying them out. Guests then chose what photos they wanted, paid, and got their photos a week later.

Here’s mine with a car aerial coming out of Mrs Motties head with guests in the background and I have another with all cream on my jacket where I leant too close to the wedding cake. Her head and the veil looks the same colour. Of course that would be digitally sorted before printing nowdays. All basic photography errors.

IMG_5479.jpeg

My daughters photographer was a more professional photographer - even adjusting her necklace so that the clasp was out of view.

Last edited:
Yeah, we had that at our daughters wedding although they took about a thousand pictures and uploaded them to a website. In my day, the photographer took the photos at the actual wedding ceremony then dashed off and developed them before bringing them back to the reception and laying them out. Guests then chose what photos they wanted, paid, and got their photos a week later.

Here’s mine with a car aerial coming out of Mrs Motties head and I have another with all cream on my jacket where I leant too close to the wedding cake. All basic photography errors.

View attachment 315309

My daughters photographer was a more professional photographer - even adjusting her necklace so that the clasp was out of view.

Mine was taking that many at the church all the guest had left and the driver of the rolls was looking at his watch saying come on mate i have another job .
Said to photographer got to go the car is leaving , he said let him go i will give you a lift to reception . To which i said you can go and f#ck yerself i have paid for that car and want a ride in it ,

Here’s mine with a car aerial coming out of Mrs Motties head with guests in the background and I have another with all cream on my jacket where I leant too close to the wedding cake. Her head and the veil looks the same colour. Of course that would be digitally sorted before printing nowdays. All basic photography errors.

View attachment 315309

The moustache is epic! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Sponsored Links
Back