Evicting tenants

C

compheat

As anybody any experience of evicting a tenant for non payment of rent ?

He as already been served with a section 21 notice regarding non payment and the tenancy is also expired, so what is the next step ?

Sponsored Links
There's no way I'd ever take on a tenant (assuming I had a property to let).

Some friends of ours have had one hell of a time trying to get shot of a tenant who hasn't been paying for some time. Because she is on benefits, they have had to jump through hoops in order to get anything done and, of course, the courts are very good at prevaricating and sticking up for the poor, hard done to tenant.

so what is the next step ?

Wait till he goes out and move in and change all the locks. Bring a back dated copy of the section 21 notice regarding non payment and hide it behind the sofa cushion.

When the police arrive show them the paper work and tell them to sling their hook. :LOL:

Sponsored Links

Some friends of ours have had one hell of a time trying to get shot of a tenant who hasn't been paying for some time. Because she is on benefits, they have had to jump through hoops in order to get anything done and, of course, the courts are very good at prevaricating and sticking up for the poor, hard done to tenant.

If the tenant is on benefits or not won't change matters. It may delay a possession order a few weeks. If on benefits you can apply to the local council to have the rent paid direct to you and it will be granted for not paying rent, easy process.

Wait till he goes out and move in and change all the locks. Bring a back dated copy of the section 21 notice regarding non payment and hide it behind the sofa cushion.

When the police arrive show them the paper work and tell them to sling their hook. :LOL:

The police will be obliged to arrest you.

If the tenant is on benefits or not won't change matters. It may delay a possession order a few weeks. If on benefits you can apply to the local council to have the rent paid direct to you and it will be granted for not paying rent, easy process.

Yes, they've gone through all of this now and have, thankfully, regained their property. It cost them, mind you.

The law in this country always seems to support the wrongdoer.

Arrest you for what? Kicking a squatter out of your own property?
Know a guy who did this and he wasn't arrested.
And the people he kicked out were mother, daughter and granchild.
He did have a day in court though. :LOL:

I have heard that one well known landlord tells such 'tenants' that new windows are to be fitted -

Then when the fitters have removed the old windows - off they go.

It may not be true.

Arrest you for what? Kicking a squatter out of your own property?
Know a guy who did this and he wasn't arrested.
And the people he kicked out were mother, daughter and granchild.
He did have a day in court though. :LOL:

I don't believe you one bit. A section 21 notice isn't an eviction notice. You can't change the date of a section 21 and you need both a possession order and a bailiff order to legally evict a tenant.

If you rent your property it legally belong to the tenant while they have a tenancy agreement.

Best advice I would give to you--is to join LANDLORDZONE on line and go on the forum.
It will have every situation regarding getting people out of your rental property.
The advice you will get is from people (like myself) who have been through the experience you are now getting 'wound up' about.
Meantime- do NOT do anything silly --because has been said - you MUST follow the correct proceedure to get them evicted.
Make a mistake- and the process can get knocked back for a month or even more -- and it would drive you bonkers .
A section 21 served correctly means you WILL get possession.

Also- just accept that the unpaid rent will/may never be paid to you--especially if the 'scrotes' are not working .
Good luck-.

My one tip is to use a letting agency find and vet the tenants, they will also set up the bank details and deposit, by using a six month contract, if at the end you want them out it's more straight forward as the contract has terminated, the fees the letting agent receives can be off set by your accountant, my usual ploy is after six months put them on a rolling contract, I ask them if they could give me two months notice although one month is the legal requirement.

Not quite the same, hope no one minds, but my ex is in a Council flat and her neighbour below is a complete and utter ****in $%*&

He doesn’t work so he can play music and bang doors all he likes, he hasn’t got to get up the next day. The Council are cowards, or is it the law is an ass, or both!

I also went through this years ago, to no avail. Do NOT bother with noise abatement and do NOT bother recording events - it's a totally pointless exercise which leads to SFA!!!

The lesson that comes back time and time again is you either have to take the law into your own hands or, in my case, leave. You may call it defeat but then - I know where he lives but he doesn’t know where I live. You can guess the rest...
devil-smiley-019.gif

Let he/her/they laugh now Compheat. Revenge is a desert best served cold
curtain.gif

Sponsored Links
Back