Export drive

• Thread starter whitenoflight
  • Start date
Labour and the lib dems ... the conservatives ... don't want to change it because they see it as the unfortunate practice cost of international business.
Those of them involved in international business do not consider it unfortunate at all.

Sponsored Links
Surely any company making profits in this country, should pay tax on those profits in this country? Tax rules shouldn't allow them to put costs against offices in another country?

Why not, other offices have costs, they will share services.

Company A in switzerland, claims it costs 10 pounds to make a widget, company branch in England sells it for £15. After wages and other costs, the english branch makes no profit.

Company A does make the profit, because it doesnt really cost them 10 pounds to make the widget.

You can call this a tax fiddle, and some do use it for exactly that, but there is no fix for this, every country has tried to stop it, the harder the try the more they fail, its just the cost of international buisiness.

It doesnt really matter anyway, the companies here will still pay VAT, NI, Income tax, council tax, and those all FAR exceed what they pay in corporation tax, and that applies to homegrown companies, corporation tax just doesnt raise that much.

But the point is, if you still want to argue it is a problem, well you cant do anything about it without pulling out of the EU, so neither labour, the lib dems, or the conservatives CAN do anything about this, as neither of them want out of the EU.

They certainly both go in for quantity over quality.

Back on topic, what is it that The UK makes any more? Our unsuccessful manufacturers don't get bailed out by the taxpayer any more, so have gone. Many successful ones have been sold to foreign owners.

What is it that we make in large enough quantities to be able to get ourselves out of the mire?

Do you believe apple is a poor company, and that it makes the US no money, because its physical goods are made in china?

I'm not on about UK/US owned companies that manufacture elsewhere. More concerned with successful British companies (Astra Zeneca, Cadburys, utilities, etc, etc) bought by foreign concerns, sometimes with false promises about keeping jobs in The UK.

Also a general moan about how we used to manufacture everything, but now just 'assemble' things for foreign owned companies. I always laugh to myself when people refer to the British car industry in the present tense.

Sponsored Links
I'm not on about UK/US owned companies that manufacture elsewhere.

Then don't end your post with the question about "what do we make".

More concerned with successful British companies (Astra Zeneca, Cadburys, utilities, etc, etc) bought by foreign concerns, sometimes with false promises about keeping jobs in The UK.

Sorry, EU laws again, not getting into an argument whether or not such dealings should be allowed (remember it can work both ways), but if you are of the opinion that they should be banned, then that is another EU competence, sorry, no government can do anything about this as long as we are an EU member (if you think something should be done).

Also a general moan about how we used to manufacture everything, but now just 'assemble' things for foreign owned companies.

Well yea, because we don't have a large poor workforce anymore which is what you need if you want to make cheap toasters and spoons.

You can only sell what people want. It is better to assemble in the country of sale, as it means that all that leave the factory work. It also deals with certain import duties and being nicked or damaged on the way. The Japanese taught us about reliability by making parts that fitted every time, not like Mr BSA banging things home. Work ethics and incentives are non existent .Workers having shares in the companies they work for ? No better incentive. There is no reason financial or otherwise that companies here can't build all the things we import. People making things that their neighbour uses, an increase in taxes on all imports. I have mentioned the need to apply the 'remedy' required, this forms part of plan.

The referendum would include ways to track down all illegals and their offspring.It doesn't matter how long they've lived here or what they have or havn't done they have no right to be here.
How far back you going? If you go too far you might end up chucking yourself out.

Surely any company making profits in this country, should pay tax on those profits in this country? Tax rules shouldn't allow them to put costs against offices in another country?

Why not, other offices have costs, they will share services.

http://www.kitguru.net/channel/generaltech/matthew-wilson/europe-is-suspicious-of-apples-tax-deals/

Have a read . ;)

The article does not disprove what I am saying, nor does it provide any details.

In fact it prooves what I am saying, they are shifting tax to ireland, under EU law, so that they can pay the Irish 12% rate, this is legal.

Try harder.

I would say that most of a white complexion originate from europe. We in europe have been thru the fear of religion stage. Do you want to go back to that ? Also, we are talking about illegals as defined as have no papers or certificate which applies to recognised border controls

I read somewhere that the reasons the Germans adopted the Euro was because it makes their Exports cheaper so keeping the Southern Euro states weak is in Germanies interest

Germans use The Euro and are the powerhouse of Europe. They own anything that is anything in all Euro states. Therefore, I would find that reason not all the story. We have a Pound that is so strong that is as strong as the peak before the recession. It stand to reason that if imports were in deficit then, it is highly unlikely with no discernible evidence that exports will improve. Gov fiddling with the ONS , they call this 'revised' figures In other words predict Import/export ,it appears they took no notice of the strength of the pound whilst doing this sum. I believe these false claims were an attempt to give a feel good factor and hope to fire up the workforce. That is dangerous and risky and appears to be backfiring. unemployment is down again, good news ? Where are these people working ? certainly isn't in manufacturing and exports.

Today the ONS revealed the trade figures for May . Oh dear. These politicians keep talking us up and telling us unemployment is decreasing. I want to know ,what are these jobs ? The pound is even stronger, exports are even harder to make, Why would you employ when exports are decreasing ? Yet when it comes to election time who will you vote for ?
successive gov's over the past 55 years have failed to deal with the import/export deficit. In fact, I can't think of anything they have done for the benefit of the citizens. This should make it clear that voting for usual candidates will get the same results. You want change, not thru the establishment you won't. Ok that's outta the way. Exports will only increase by 2 ways, cost and quality. These 2 also apply to the home market, if the homers don't buy why would anyone else ? Next, currency exchange. Not being part of the euro [level playing field] costs everybody money on every exchange, therefore adding to the articles price. This is compounded by sterling being unbelievably strong. If exports have been bad when the pound was closer to parity with other currencies, how can exports improve when it is strong ? Trade figs were released for April it was a shock to all except me, I watched the pound getting stronger, I couldn't believe what politicians have been saying for the past 6 months. Now these buffoons are going to go to companies and tell them how to improve their exporting strategies. God almighty , patronising at the best insulting at the worst. You vote for this incompetence. Have a laugh when hear these morons talk about the economy and watch the exchange rate at the same time, then look at yourself and laugh some more

Is it just me or do the posting styles of collisioni and whitenoflight look just about identical in terms of spelling, grammar, punctuation, general content and the fact they registered within a few days of each other and dont appear to have posted anything outside of the GD forum?

• Thanks
Reactions: JBR
Sponsored Links
Back