extra radiators

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am planning to extend my Kitchen by approx 12 * 4 metres. I only have 1 radiator in my kitchen at the moment and the kitchen is quite cold as it is.
I currently have 12 radiators in the house and I have a Powermax 155X sealed system boiler? I have read the boiler manual and the specs are as follows:

Nominal output - 16.4KW
Nominal input - 20KW
flow rate - 18litres/min
System volume (radiators/pipework) - 195litres max

My plan is to add extra radiators and an electric heater as I am expecting the room to be cold in the winter as I am having a glass roof and plenty of windows/doors.
My question is how many extra radiators will my boiler be able to supply?

Sponsored Links
It's not as easy as that because some radiators can be several times bigger than others. Some have fins, some don't, some are double and others single.

If the heat output of you boiler is 16.4kW that equates to 16,400 watts, or 56,000 btu's. That is the maximum heat you have available. Radiators have a defined output value for their size and type. If you add up the total of the btu's for the radiators you have, you will see what's left.

If you don't know what the outputs of your existing radiators are, there are plenty of guides on the internet that will give you an idea. I would ensure that you leave some spare capacity, especially if your boiler also heats a hot water cylinder.

Radiator guide can be found by clicking here

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back