Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks,

The extractor fan for my en-suite has died, which has surprised me a touch, as the property was a new build when I moved in about three and a half years ago, and it's not had nearly as much use as the extractor fan above the main bathroom.

The fan is situated in the loft above the en-suite and I guess you would say it vets through a pipe which goes out through the eaves.

It has its own power supply, and I don't think the problem is the power supply, as the last couple of times I tried used the extractor fan before it stopped working altogether there was a faint burning smell.

I've attached a photo of the fan unit in the loft. Does anyone have any experience of extractor fans? Is this likely to be something which is repairable, or would it make more sense to replace the unit?
Extr Fan.JPG
Grateful for any advice :)

Sponsored Links
They are not economically repairable, unless the burning smell was caused by a loose connection which may be worth checking.

Blup

That model has a 3 year warranty. It may be worthwhile dropping them an email. They may take pity on you (or not).

In my opinion, assuming that was fitted correctly, it should have lasted more than 3.5 years.

Airflow strike me as being a reputable company (I have previously used and recommended their products0, and if you link to this page, I hope that they will send you a replacement to protect their deserved reputation...

It would be a shame if you had to resort to complaining on social media sites such as Twitter and Facebook about a firm that I hope will live up to their reputation for high customer service.

Please do not complain on any of the above until they have an opportunity to, hopefully, resolve things.

And if they do sort things out, please do praise them on social media.

Companies with sterling customer services don't get enough praise...

Sponsored Links
Airflow Inline fans from experience have always been great and worked well and well outlasted their warranty. What I would say though for the price you may pay to repair you may as well replace as the extractor fan technology and abilities have increased since the AV100T model was released. This Vortice inline fan will extract more air and be just as quiet when running.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back