Extractor fan wiring help needed!

Sponsored Links
Anyone got any photos of how a junction box (with a lot of wires) should have it's wires arranged so it's neat and has just enough copper entering the terminals?

Anyone got any photos of how a junction box (with a lot of wires) should have it's wires arranged so it's neat and has just enough copper entering the terminals?
Not perfect (a little bit of copper showing which shouldn't), and not my work, but infinitely better than what we're comparing with! ....

Kind Regards, John

I promise to post my next attempt, though I'm not sure how it will compare to the 'imperfect' photo shown! Practice makes perfect.....

Sponsored Links
I promise to post my next attempt, though I'm not sure how it will compare to the 'imperfect' photo shown! Practice makes perfect.....

If you can get it like the 'imperfect' picture we will be more than happy.

TIP - you should be able to wire a junction box with all the coloured cores the same length. About 2 1/2 inches.

If a wire seems 'too long' to reach a terminal, dress the wire round 'the long way round' - if you see what I mean. Probably not.

Not sure why you recommend a downlighter junction box when the type above would do just as well IF HE STARTS AGAIN AND DOES IT PROPERLY.
Just noticed this post.

Because I think they are better.
I thought a J804 may be a step too far.

As promised - I hope it's an improvement! I even included one 'going the long way round' for sparkwright :)
Very much better - well done.

If you want 'picky' - there appears to be an appreciable amount of one bare copper wire sticking out of the bottom of the earth terminal - that could do with being snipped off. Also, black wires used as switched-lives should really have a bit of red sleeving over them.

Kind Regards, John

JohnW2";p="3212851 said:
As promised - I hope it's an improvement! I even included one 'going the long way round' for sparkwright :)
Very much better - well done.

No comparison from your first effort! I am always concerned about people giving out electrical wiring advice without knowing if the person has the practical skills to undetake the wiring.

You've now set your own standard which is safe !

Kind regards,

DS

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back