Fair boiler installation cost?

I think you're missing the point. I asked whether the figure was about right, not for a lecture on ethics. However, since you're so concerned, let me reassure you that because there are 2 adults involved in this scenario, we'll reach a mutually agreeable result.

I'm not concerned sunshine.

Yes the two 'adults' involved in the scenario are;

A - You, the cheapskate landlord, who is so naive as to check wether a price is fair after a job is done, then considers welching on an agreed price.

B - The installer, who will hopefully bury his largest wrench in you oversized head.

Just confirms my policy of NEVER working for landlords.

Sponsored Links
You boys really do get your knickers in a twist. Nice to see you not arguing amongst yourselves for once.

For every stupid remark you guys make, I have an answer based on reality and common sense, so I'll just leave you to it with one last comment:

The original quote was based on a list of things that 'possibly' needed to be done, but until old boiler was removed and system checked, the installer was uncertain exactly what. The original quote was for about 3-4 days' work. The job was done in 1.5 days. Yet the invoice had not changed for original quote. I'm simply trying to see if it needs tightening, since the amount of work was evidently less. Landlord or not, any concienscious homeowner would do the same, no? I'm sure one/more of you will find fault in that too...

You guys really do act like kids - it's a shame.

Sponsored Links
Fact's are if the installer had run unto problem's , & it took him say 6or 7 day's , would you have payed the extra , NO you would'nt , he gave you a quote pay up !!! he probably did'nt stop , flogged his gut's out !!

& you throw your toy's out the pram , like a kid , probably true to form for you ????

You boys really do get your knickers in a twist. Nice to see you not arguing amongst yourselves for once.

For every stupid remark you guys make, I have an answer based on reality and common sense, so I'll just leave you to it with one last comment:

No, the last comment is that this is a DIY forum which you've used, as so many do, to discuss money. Perhaps you should all redress the balance by ****ing off to a financial forum to ask about plumbing & heating.

Fact's are if the installer had run unto problem's , & it took him say 6or 7 day's , would you have payed the extra , NO you would'nt , he gave you a quote pay up !!! he probably did'nt stop , flogged his gut's out !!

& you throw your toy's out the pram , like a kid , probably true to form for you ????

Exactly.

You get a quote, if your not happy you get some others "before" having the work done, if the job takes longer you dont expect to pay extra, just as if it takes less time you dont get money off, thats why it's a "Quote" as others say, it's a diy forum, not a price comparison forum.

You were obviously happy with the quote to begin with because you let him carry out the work?
I quite often tell my customers the job "may" run into a few days...and i also often bust a gut when i know it has to be done quickly......i would presume a place that has tenants living in it would fall into this category....

If i was your installer and you were trying to beat my price down after the work had been done i'm afraid i would be ripping your new shiny boiler out and walking off to my van.......

Pay the man for doing what you asked him to do......

Just as a sidenote here in Sleepy Somerset.....That price matches a lot of the prices here so take that for what it is......

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back