Fan breaks on Worcester Bosch boiler whilst plumber fixing something else

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have had someone in to replace a leaking part on my boiler today. The boiler was working fine just leaking a little from the air pressure valve. When he came to restart it the fan was no longer working with the error code c6. I am just wondering if this is a coincidence or if something might have been done to make the fan stop working which I can in-do before having to buy a new one?

Sponsored Links
been done to make the fan stop working which I can in-do before having to buy a new one? **************** ?
sorry don't really understand your question .are you asking if there is something you can do ,that the engineer could not. ????

Sponsored Links
From all of your replies it obviously isn't an air pressure valve, I was trying to remember what the plumber said it was. I though he said it had something to do with letting steam out, its a cylinder about 3" tall that sits atop a pipe. I just cant understand why a part of the boiler that was working fine before the repairs is broken after the repairs when it was nothing to do with the repair being made but it seems like this is quite common?

Auto air vent?

Occasionally components fail in boilers, and take out another component in the process.

Occasionally also, coincidences happen, and as a conscientious engineer, they're a nightmare.

Have you asked him?

think it may have been the pressure relief valve that he changed ,this allows water out of the system to reduce pressure ,and is a safety mechanism. but anyway , most things electric fail without notice. light bulbs ,electric motors , kettles etc etc. one minute they are fine, next time you switch on they don't work. think you have been unlucky.

I felt really sorry for him having to tell me that the fan now wasn't working as he seems like a decent bloke. But I know nothing about him and have no idea if he is honest. What I do know is that the fan was working this morning as we had hot water and by midday, once the repair had been done it wasn't.

Thanks to the people for giving me reassurance that this can happen. And if you found my question annoying, sorry if I misunderstood what a diy forum was all about, I though it was to ask questions.

I lent an electric lawnmower and when it came back the cable was all in a tangled pile.

When I next tried to use it found the cable had been cut pretty much in the middle!

I will also confirm that boilers do sometimes fault when opened up for work to be done on them.

Many isolating valves start to leak after being used for their purpose of isolating the boiler!

Particularly on some Glow Worm boilers the PCB can fail if the power is turned off.

If you don't believe that then can I remind you that BA lost about £150M when their computer allegedly failed when the power was turned off?

I lent an electric lawnmower and when it came back the cable was all in a tangled pile.

When I next tried to use it found the cable had been cut pretty much in the middle!

I will also confirm that boilers do sometimes fault when opened up for work to be done on them.

Many isolating valves start to leak after being used for their purpose of isolating the boiler!

Particularly on some Glow Worm boilers the PCB can fail if the power is turned off.

If you don't believe that then can I remind you that BA lost about £150M when their computer allegedly failed when the power was turned off?
Someone trying to tell you something:whistle:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back