Faulty Ferroli ????

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi ,
Could anyone give me good advice or explain - to a non plumber - the reason for a recent issue with a Ferroli Sigma 50 boiler , the problem is that the boiler will run fine for days and weeks but then it will keep cutting out , requiring the reset button to be pressed -

I have checked that I can hear the pilot light 'clicking' we have gas - although we run on Propane and the jets have been change at the initial installation .

When the boiler runs its great but I am just concerned that if we call a tradesman he may see this a lottery result ! we have the boiler serviced every year ?

Many thanks
Mark

Sponsored Links
It is impossible to identify an intermittent fault from what you have said.

A competent boiler engineer ( NOT A PLUMBER ) would be able to check the parts and connections and visually inspect the electrical parts but still might not be able to positively discover the problem if its not present during the visit.

Tony

Thanks for the reply , since I wrote the email the boiler has stop running and the reset light keeps coming on - typical the weather is freezing !!!

I have contacted the guy who regularly services it and await the ' return ' call ??

It really strange as I can hear the thing fire up but seems to stop within minutes.

Once again,
Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
Had this problem just the other day.
Changed the fan venturi, although this improved greatly, popped back and fitted a new air pressure switch and job sorted.
Normally happens when they are warm as air flow decreases, air pressure switch sometimes drop out.
Any problems, post back......................

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back