FAULTY RADIATORS

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have a problem with my radiators, the upstairs ones are hot, but downstairs cold, have tried bleeding - this did fix one of the upstairs one that was originally cold but nothing to downstairs. The pipe feeding radiator nearest boiler (in kitchen) is sometimes hot to touch but goes no further than the valve, and the second one downstairs has no hot pipes at all, any ideas welcome!!

Sponsored Links
what type of system is it ?
is the pump working ?
has any work been done on the system?
have they got trv's fitted ?

You`re going to have to bear with me on this - what is a trv? - is it the valve to bottom of rad with the drain screw on? - reason I ask is that the one on kitchen rad cannot be screwed open - the cap was missing when we moved in, and we`ve tried to move this screw on the top of valve but it is solid - would this be the fault??
Thanks

this is a trv

p4517864_l.jpg

this is a standard rad valve

15063.jpg

Sponsored Links
Thats brilliant - I`d just had a look myself and it looks the same as a LOCKSHIELD VALVE - the other downstairs one has the thermostat valve, but it is the top of the lockshield valve which has the stuck srewhead - could this be the culprit?? - if so whats the solution?!!,
thanks

Presuming it is this valve, how easy is it to change?! - do all the radiators have to be drained? can water just be drained from this one?& where would we turn the water off?
thanks

depends what system you have ?
but you can't drain just one rad to change the valve.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back