fed up with cleaning rollers?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ok so we all hate the time consuming task but what if there were an easy to clean ie 5mins roller, would you buy it? for a few pounds more than the usual price, means you can get it properly clean every time
would love any comments

cheers
:D

Sponsored Links
Well there already is the "Dandy" paint roller cleaner. Pretty good it is as well.

I put mine in the washer with me clothes :eek:

I just scrape out excess paint with a curved or hook like tool, then just rinse under luke-warm water only takes a couple of minutes. Between applications I just cover it in a plastic bag (like a lot of people do) & clean it out when I'm finished with it.
Or if its solvent based paint I leave it covered in a plastic bag and store it in my brush-mate.
I guess theres more than one way of skinning a cat, as they say.

MW

whats a brush mate and where did you get it from, i am fed up of cleaning brushes etc, sometimes I just throw them away and buy new.............lol :LOL:

Sponsored Links
think my 5 mins was prerhaps a bit generous but this idea wouldn't involve any other equipment, you just need some water, not a hose jet or a spinner etc.
any other comments?

thanks I will ask my sis she lives in the states see if she can order them or if she has seen them in Home Depot ( B & Q ) to us. :D

What a load of pony..by the time you have ponced about setting all that up you could have washed it out by hand in a bucket..

Try one of these...we use em all the time..

shur_line_brush_spinner_side.jpg

I take it you use it inside a bucket or something to catch the paint flying off them.

Yep..

Make sure you get the right size though...theres two on the market, one has a smaller diameter than the other and doesnt take roller sleeves.

Zampa said:
What a load of pony..by the time you have ponced about setting all that up you could have washed it out by hand in a bucket..

Try one of these...we use em all the time..

shur_line_brush_spinner_side.jpg

Thanks, I can only find the Shur line one you show on American sites, the only one I've found on Uk sites is this one http://www.decoratingdirect.co.uk/viewprod/r/RODBRC/

Do you know of any UK sites for the one you show?

No...thats the one available over here..

If you contact a company called rabbarts in swansea im sure they will sort something out for you..thats where we get ours.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back