Ferolli Modena 80

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
I got called to a boiler problem at a friends house he has a ferolli modena 80, The boiler doesn't fire for either dhw or ch, I went through the diagnostics and the led's contradict the diagnostic charts in the manual The fith led stays on constantly. Which should be reporting an electrical fault.

i tested the power and it was fine, the gorgi guy he fist called replaced the pcb twice and the same fault is present.

when calling for dhw the boiler is sparking like it should but not igniting same as ch. the diagnostics indicate the air pressure switch but the fith led stays on ????
when he keeps trying the dhw after 10-20 mins the boiler fires up ???

Anyone got any ideas?

Sponsored Links
5th light on permanent indicates the power is on not a fault

flashing 5th light indicates low water which should be checked anyway

when the hot water fires up does the 3rd light come on, and does the 4th light flash when htg is selected

Is it mainly doing this in the morning?...the gas valve sticks, see if there is anything on the gas valve which mentions ambient temperature. If it says 0 - 60 degrees it could be one of the old sticky ones, if it says minus 15 - 45 it will be ok.

Sponsored Links
I refered it to a Wise old man who knows everything about everything gas, Rest assured my fellow forumeers , when the mystery of the modina is solved , I will reveal all...........

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back