ferroli boiler f 24 b red lock out light

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi there i have a ferroli f 24 b and the red lock out light keeps coming on if i reset the boiler it starts up again and after about 15 secs the red light comes back on it seems as tho it wont ignite i can light it manually with a match and the heating an hot water will stay on and even reignite in standby but when i switch the heating off (as i dont want it on all the time) when i switch back on the boiler wont light and red light comes back on, an engineer told me i need a new pcb so i bought one off ebay had it fitted and still have the same problem on this time it wont reignite in standby engineer is now saying he thinks the new pcb is a dud do you have any ideas on this problem and is there a way of getting the new pcb tested before i look for my money back or bye a new one - any help would be greatfully recieved

Sponsored Links
is this any better - maybe i could look for the EnglishGrammerNot website next
hi there i have a ferroli f 24 b and the red lock out light keeps coming on, if i reset the boiler it starts up again and after about 15 secs the red light comes back on. it seems as tho it wont ignite, i can light it manually with a match and the heating an hot water will stay on and even reignite in standby, but when i switch the heating off (as i dont want it on all the time) and switch it back on the boiler wont light and red light comes back on, an engineer told me i need a new pcb so i bought one off ebay had it fitted and still have the same problem. Only this time it wont reignite in standby, engineer is now saying he thinks the new pcb is a dud do you have any ideas on this problem and is there a way of getting the new pcb tested before i look for my money back or bye a new one - any help would be greatfully recieved

Sponsored Links
Hi there.

I have a Ferroli F24b boiler. The red lock out light keeps coming on. If I reset the boiler it starts up again, but after about 15 seconds the red light comes back on.

It seems as though it won't ignite. I can light it manually with a match, and the heating and hot water will then stay on, and it will even re-ignite from standby, but when I switch the heating off (as I dont want it on all the time), when I switch the boiler back on, the boiler will not ignite and the red light comes back on. (still to long a sentence).

An engineer told me that I needed a new PCB, so I bought one from ebay. I had it fitted, but I still have the same problem, only this time it wont re-ignite from standby either.

The engineer is now saying he thinks that the new pcb is a dud. Do you have any ideas what the problem may be? Do you know if there is a way of having the new PCB tested before I look for my money back or purchase a new one?

Any help would be greatfully recieved.

Probably best for a moderator to move this to the Plumbing Forum.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back