Fiat Punto misfire

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to agree with David, the information given was misleading and contradictory

ellie1997 said:
I have an "M" reg punto 1.1 That misfires intermittently. Gone through all the usual things, plugs, points etc but still cant narrow down the problem. There is a worsening judder on the clutch..could clutch slip be responsible??

You identify misfire and possible clutch slip. David says they are not related, which they won't be.

You replaced the plugs, leads, cap plus fuel filter to no avail and then say:

ellie1997 said:
Problem solved, and actually the misfire and juddering clutch were very much to do with eachother. As I suspected the problem my car had was a common one with early punto's.

If you suspected this, why go to the expense of getting the other stuff done and arrange to replace the clutch? The problem is common... to who?

As a computer guy, I was always taught GIGO, Garbage in, Garbage out.

Sponsored Links
If you suspected this, why go to the expense of getting the other stuff done and arrange to replace the clutch?

Because at the time I assumed the problems were not linked. Only when I did a bit of research did I find similar symptoms And the problem is common to Punto's at 30,000 miles.

David, it is not I that had so much time on my hands to go dredging up other people's irrelevant posts. And I am probably a great deal older than you. Although again what that has to do with anything is beyond me. You seem to be keen to drag things into this post that have little significance dont you?

The guy on google hasnt confirmed this no, but someone else did by testing it. For YOUR information it IS the sensor at fault, this was settled early this morning.

so, thanks to km2000 who managed to offer a worthy suggestion, it is appreciated that there seems to be at least one person willing to help on this forum.

Jane

You need to learn when to let things go nobody is always right, including me and you.

Age as nothing to do with growing up.

I feel really sorry for your husband!

I feel really sorry for your husband!

ROFL. And again, of totally no significance. Im done with this now, I have let it go.

And believe me, I feel equally as sorry for your wife.

Sponsored Links
Just gently removing the sting !!

Remember where we are here !

There could be an indirect association between misfore and clutch problem. The ability of the former to cause engine stall is reduced by slipping the latter ... the result being :- Not so much stalling as burning out the clutch !!
An expensive method of apparently overcoming a misfire! Or of course the clutch pedal arm is shorting out the ignition wiring intermittently, but does not when slightly depressed !!
Oh, and the moon is made of .... !
P

P

You bin on that cider again?

I was of course referring to the titania graph, so a legitimate pun I think :D

Sorry Ig I was referring to the 'warring' factions.

And Yes, actually, in need of oxygen !

If you ever soaring down thisaway, give us the nod, could do with exercising the old pump action!! from soar to sore !

P

I test drove a Punto about 2 and a half years ago. It was great fun! 1.2 litre 16 valve screamer! I put my foot down in second gear to see how it would accelerate and it was still in second at 70mph and still hadn't seemed to hit the rev limiter! :eek: The only other car I have ever seen do 70 in second gear is a Mondeo ST220.

I didn't buy one, but it was certainly a fun 30 minutes. :D

Although you are allowed to reply to old posts, 3 years is a bit TOO old

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back