Fiesta MOT Emissions Failure

re front valance. its welded on. not a very big job for a bodyshop or if you can weld. they do rust pretty badly though. usual trick is to rub them down as best as possible (as long as there are no holes) and spray with grey/black stone chip paint. doesnt look too bad if the bumpers are already black/grey. for a six quid can of spray (its a rubberised compound, not a normal paint) it may be worth a try?

Sponsored Links
Got past the rub down stage unfortunately, now has a hole the size of small boulder going through it :( but thanks for the suggestion.
I'll approach a bodyshop garage and see how much they'll charge for welding one on if I supply the part and take the bumper off.
Cheers

I had an interesting experience recently. My Fiesta was due for its MOT, so I took it to be tested. It passed the emissions but failed on other things, nothing too serious so I left it with the garage to repair the fails and the re mot it. Guess what. It failed the emissions test when it was retested!
Noone could understand why. they wouldnt use the previous emissions certificate even though it was only 3 days old so i had to have the system checked out at the dealers. It turn out to be a dirty sensor which the mechanic blew on no doubt with gusto and hey presto. Bloody marvelous aint it. £80 for a blow job !
One thing I thought it might be though is that i made a mistake at the pumps just before the test and put in the higher octane unleaded. i was told that could have been it too.

Sponsored Links
Back