Filling holes in kitchen cabinets?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've moved into a new flat and after a few weeks the door has fallen off one of the cabinets! It's a wooden cabinet and as you can see from this pic, someone has tried to put the doors on (badly) a few times.

http://imgur.com/jju8w11

What would be the best way to get the doors back on? Is there a filler anyone could recommend which would allow me to re-drill the holes, for instance?

I'm new to DIY, so apologies, I'm sure this is a very simple job!

Sponsored Links
Wow, fantastic, thanks.

Only slight issue - they are Ikea cabinets! It says not suitable - why would that be?

must be different hinges so screw positions different
try asking the seller :eek:

Sponsored Links
Looks like the whole area of chipboard around the hinge area has de-laminated and would be best replaced. The option of fixing (well) would require pumping in a suitable two part resin glue (the type you get in twin syringe packs) between the broken piece(s) and the carcase side. This would require delicate lifting of the loosened parts, extending the gaps between, allowing more access to pump in the resin, that's my considered opinion...pinenot :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back