Fitting a bathroom sink

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Morning,

I am about to take on a bathroom refit in my house, but there are a couple of questions I hope can be answered.

I intend to fit a couple of isolation valve to the incoming hot and cold water pipes. The pipes have a coat of what looks like emulsion (matching the walls) painted on them. How careful do i need to be when removing the paint? will the pipes have to be scraped shiny like for a solder joint or will a rough sand of the area where I intend to fit the valve suffice?

The other question is, there is a earth clamp a attached to the water pipe (on the existing sink) but it disappears under the floor some where, do I need to replace this eath clamp and what do I connect it too. These probably sound very obvious questions but just want to make sure I get it done right the first time.

Thanks very much

David

Sponsored Links
Cleanliness is the key to success with pipe joints.

You should post your question regarding supplementary bonding on the electrics forum - you will get an answer there (as well as some quite rude ones to be honest from contributors such as Ban All Sheds, who may well be correct but has a very unfortunate tone at times :eek: )

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back