Fitting batons to concrete fenceposts

I wish to avoid any drilling

These things clamp onto I beam concrete posts...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00AD8EVEU

Then you can nut and bolt anything you want to it. Or even use self drilling countersunk screws straight through the timber into the metal.

But, as warned, you are supposed to have permission first and even worse, if they tell you that they wish to paint/preserve their fence on your side, you'll have to remove anything you've added to allow them to do that.

Gaz :)

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
Gaz. That's the whole point. I'm fitting battens to the posts so that the neighbours can - if needed - lift out the panels without disturbing anything on my side. Those post fix things look ok (albeit expensive) but, not sure how you would screw a batten to them??

Your normal power drill won't even dent the post, so don't waste time with it, and you'll just alert the neighbours to what you're trying to do. I suspect you're heading for trouble here, as it's the neighbours post, and you don't get on with them; you're just giving them ammunition to thump you with. Post a picture, and we'll see if the are any other options, but it may be that you've got to go and ask nicely. Do you own, or rent - it may make a difference to the solution.

Your normal power drill won't even dent the post, so don't waste time with it,

Now that's just rubbish isnt it? My cordless Hitachi - used with a Bosch 7mm blue masonry bit, went through the posts very nicely. Battens now screwed on. And for the umpteenth time. If I wanted legal advice I'd go to a legal forum. Dear me.

Sponsored Links
Now that's just rubbish isnt it? My cordless Hitachi - used with a Bosch 7mm blue masonry bit, went through the posts very nicely. Battens now screwed on. And for the umpteenth time. If I wanted legal advice I'd go to a legal forum. Dear me.

You could have just used something like exterior no more nails to glue the batons on to the fence posts.

I can see why you and your neighbour don't get on.

I don't think so. No-one has drilled holes in my fence posts and screwed batons on.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back