Fitting New Central Heating System

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

I'm soon to start work on renovating a top (2nd) floor flat. It currently has a back boiler, hot water cylinder etc and looking at the state of the plumbing system, I think the best thing to do is to rip it all out and start again, installing a condensing combi boiler in the kitchen to supply hot water direct.

My aim is to do as follows:
Get in Corgy plumber to remove back boiler
Take all existing pipes and radiators out myself
Install new water pipework, radiators etc myself
Get Corgy plumber back to fit boiler, connect gas, flush etc and certify
All this will be done with Buildings Control notification...

Is there any reason why I shouldn't do this?
Does anyone have an idea of how much the services of the plumber will cost me for the jobs listed?

Also,
Currently all pipework in the house is surface mounted. It looks pretty awful and if it is all being done anyway, I want it out of sight. The floor is solid concrete and I don't want boxes everywhere... anyone got any suggestions on my best option? Channel it into floor/ walls? Put in false floor with pipework underneath?

Thanks in advance!

Sponsored Links
Is there any reason why I shouldn't do this?
In principle, no, but get your boiler installer on your side before you start, and get him to survey the situation.

Measure the mains cold water pressure and flow. A combi could be totally unusable, eg if flats A snd B are using water, depending how the building's plumbed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back