Fitting Residence 9 Windows

Sponsored Links
Saying that I've just checked my shed and I have a few tubes of 791 anyone use that?

Never used Dow but 791 would appear to be OK, hi flex meaning low mod and neutral curing too, silicone has a shelf life too, is there a use before date somewhere on the tube?

Sponsored Links
Only a few year out of date......2012

I'll get some 781 from toolstation

Out of interest what is the typical fixing arrangement for this system in terms of number of fixings per side?

The only I ask is because I've seen some videos saying you do not need to fix the top and bottom on windows under 1200.

No they meant only put fixings on the verticals in frames under 1200 wide.

As I have wooden lintels I will probably put one in the middle top, but the bottoms I'm not too sure whats under there and how sound it is until I get the old frames out.

Pm me your email address I have a diagram I can send.
Silicone up the last 3 chambers in the outside of the bottom of the frame to prevent water from the drainage channels getting into your walls.
Seal the 2 ends of the cill and the back edge.
60mm screws will do. You can use baypole screws or you can countersink in a normal screw. I would recommend stainless steel though.

Hi Gazman, I'm about to start putting the first one in but I notice there is like a little plastic endcap in each side of the frame, do you pull that out and silicone up? Its not a great finish on there as its not completely flush with the frame stick out a mm or so.

Also what do you do when you take the old window out and find an uneven cill surface? do you level off or just put the frame in level and fill voids with expanding foam underneath?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back