Fitting Residence 9 Windows

If yours have those plastic end caps like in the diagram I sent then they should be ok. My suppliers don't put those on so I seal the ends to stop any water from the drainage channel running into the walls. You could take them out and seal as well to be 100% sure though.

As for uneven cills every window is on a case by case bases. But generally its as you said, Fit the window and foam it. Once that has gone off dig the foam back a bit and either silicone or cement.

Quick tip. Masking tape the frames before you foam!!!!!! If it gets into the little woodgrain effects it will be near impossible to clean up fully

Sponsored Links
OK thanks for the tip about masking.....not one you'd want to learn the hard way!

I pulled those caps out they weren't sealed properly anyway so I'll redo as per your recommendation.

Thanks for your help on this.

HI

Sorry for the thread bump, have you pics of how you fitted the cill?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back