fixed price boiler repairs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi
does anyone know the prices of the fixed price repairs some companys do eg bg heateam? an elderly neighbour is stuck without heat

Sponsored Links
I think best part of £200 but getting someone to call at this late hour is going to be tough.Good luck anyway.

had an engineer out today as the boiler fires up 3 times for about 15 seconds each and goes to flame failiure also sometimes when it has fired up you can still hear the sparker going trying to light even though its lit then locks out the engineer checked the obvious eg loose connections, blocked condensate etc and said its probobly the electrodes but getting parts is now a nightmare which we can understand. he said maybe try a fixed price repair. the boiler is a main 24 he combi

Sponsored Links
Does souind like a frozen condensate did he pull wire of the trap sensor to see if it stayed on

Your chances of getting a fixed price repair actually done this side of new year are pretty slim, regardless of which company you try.
Do NOT engage one of the big advertisers in yellow pages and such, as a lot of them are notoriously bad as well as expensive.
Keep calling local independents until one says yes is probably your best bet.

You could do the neighbourly thing and invite him/her/them to your's - season of goodwill etc.

I totally agree, its very cold and lonely for a single old person at Christmas. I really dont understand why people dont ask them to join them for christmas.

A Potty Performa is a very simple boiler to fault find on and any competent engineer should not have any problem.

Those fixed price repairs are getting more exclusive and expensive now as BG etc. are realising they should charge more when expensive parts or long repair times are involved.

Thats good news for independents as they made jobs like replacing Suprima PCBs uneconomical for us. I did two during the last two weeks. My advantage though is thta I can respond the same day unlike the big firms.

Tony

Those fixed price repairs are getting more exclusive and expensive now as BG etc. are realising they should charge more when expensive parts or long repair times are involved.
BG are now offering a three tier pricing system, the longer the job the more it costs, but it starts at, if I remember correctly, £79.
My advantage though is thta I can respond the same day unlike the big firms.
We try to do same day visit, especially to vulnerable customers, but work loads dictate and jobs have to be prioritised.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back