Fixing Pipe Covering

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, Unfortunately we have copper pipes running down the wall and I want to cover these with
pipe covering 300mm wide which will cover both pipes. Question is, how do we keep this length
of plastic upright /attached? It is right next to a door frame so I suppose we could use superglue
but that is obviously not the right way to go! The cover does not clip over the pipes tightly which I suppose if it did it would keep itself in place. It is not overly big though, just right.

Sponsored Links
Do you really mean 300mm (about a foot) wide?

Most pipe covers are around 70mm or so.

Sponsored Links
Thanks, I can see what your saying and I saw the link but unfortunately the cover is slightly loose and so I am thinking if I could add on or attach something to the side of one of the clips so the fit will then be tighter. I don't believe in botching normally (do a job well, do it once !) but it looks like I will have to.

I reckon a little sploge of paintable mastic on the edge of each clip should do it, silicone would be OK but if it gets on the wall decorating next time might be a problem.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back