fixings recommendation for dry lined walls - kitchen units

Don't be getting all sensible on me now....sheesh, you sound like the mrs!
:eek:
'shell? that you hun?
What's for dinner?

Sponsored Links
Happy thread-resurrection!

You say it's a "bit heavier, due to the water". Try 74KG, plus the weight of the glass!

A 40" TV is around 32" x 24". You say it's thin, so let's say 6" depth for the fishies to do a 3-point turn...
That's 81cm x 61cm x 15xm or 74,115cm cubed.

Which is 74KG just for the water.

No idea what fixings you'll need, but they will need to be pretty substantial. I like the idea of a batten as mentioned earlier in this thread, but that may be a lot of strain on the joints in the tank only being supported at the back. You may need to think about a triangulated shelf affair, stretching to the front of the tank (6" in my guesstimates).

Sponsored Links
Happy thread-resurrection!

You say it's a "bit heavier, due to the water". Try 74KG, plus the weight of the glass!

A 40" TV is around 32" x 24". You say it's thin, so let's say 6" depth for the fishies to do a 3-point turn...
That's 81cm x 61cm x 15xm or 74,115cm cubed.

Which is 74KG just for the water.

No idea what fixings you'll need, but they will need to be pretty substantial. I like the idea of a batten as mentioned earlier in this thread, but that may be a lot of strain on the joints in the tank only being supported at the back. You may need to think about a triangulated shelf affair, stretching to the front of the tank (6" in my guesstimates).
Hi Skotl,
Posted your reply in own thread now, in General DIY...
//www.diynot.com/forums/general-diy/plasterboard-wall-fixings.361589/

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back