Flashing help

m0t

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My kitchen is a single story building (old pic below). Where the roof joins the main house there is a concrete fillet (I think thats what it is called) which goes from the wall on to the tiles (no flashing).

Where the roof joins the house has recently started showing a damp patch and from a ladder I can see cracks in the concrete which I assume are allowing water through. Looking at the same joint on other houses in the road they have had lead flashing applied to protect this area, my neighbour had the exact same damp spot on the wall until they did this.

My complication is that I had external wall insulation recently fitted (and I suspect but can't prove that it was during this process that the concrete became damaged. The insulation starts just above the concrete fillet so I can't get in to properly put flashing into the wall without ripping the insulation off.

Is there a product I can use to reseal this area or any suggestions on what to do in this area?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Yes, 90mm of foam, the pic was before it was fitted

An actual picture of the roof wall junction as it is now would help

• Thanks
Reactions: m0t
Sponsored Links
Finally got myself a ladder

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    163.5 KB · Views: 147
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    186.7 KB · Views: 171
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    282.6 KB · Views: 151
I have been advised to repair the mortar then paint the whole lot with a liquid rubber product, will this work?

I would think that is good advice under the circumstances. Acrypol is a good product. Be careful of those tiles - they look like unusual/rare ones to me.

• Thanks
Reactions: m0t
They are but I have a few spares, la forest coutrai wine glass they are called.

This estate was built in the late 20s early 30s and most of the materials are stamped with continental makers.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back