Flat conversion and building regs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi.
The flat I've recently bought is a victorian conversion done pre '94 and some corners were cut it seems. I'm in the basement flat and there's a two floor house above (the building is on a leasehold). The water supply for upstairs actually runs off of mine, and the same goes for the electric. I want to get things sorted so that the supplies are separate, but the owner of the above property (which he rents out) doesn't seem to be very cooperative and I'm wondering what to do. There is also no soundproofing between the properties, which has proved troublesome.
Anyone know about what procedures I need to go through? If anyone has been through something similar before, any advice would be really useful.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
So who does he pay his water and electric bill to? Suggest to him that you could attach a meter to his feed and bill him for usage, with say a 30% mark up for your trouble
;)

turn your main switch and stopcock to off when you leave for work.... then watch the coopopration improve ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back