floor un-even!!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
just screwed new ply down on to existing floor boards in the bathroom and started marking out ready to tile but found out one side of the room is 50mm lower than the other side
can i just use more adesive on the low end to build it up?

also the existing shower try is is sat on the floor boards so it is also falling and there supposed to be level arnt they?
anyway its falling towards the drain so the water will get away but should i take it out and re-level it or should it be ok?

thanks for any advice any1 can give me

Sponsored Links
just screwed new ply down on to existing floor boards in the bathroom and started marking out ready to tile but found out one side of the room is 50mm lower than the other side
can i just use more adesive on the low end to build it up?
No

also the existing shower try is is sat on the floor boards so it is also falling and there supposed to be level arnt they?
Yes

anyway its falling towards the drain so the water will get away but should i take it out and re-level it
Yes

or should it be ok?
No

so im f**ked then?
any1 got any ideas?
why does it matter if shower tray isnt level if its fallong towards the drain?

ill have to rip ply up anyway, builders merchant told me to pva it which ive done but ive just read on here that you shouldnt and that the tiles will fall off so again im f**ked

The tray should be level, you'll have a hell of a job trying to bit the enlosure if its not. Are you fitting the tray directly onto the floorboards/ply? If so have you got room for the waste? I sat my tray up on a plinth to give me room underneath for the waste - if you did the same you could make the plinth in such a way that you took to uneveness out of the floor.

Sponsored Links
hi thanks for the reply

my shower isnt an enclosure its just a tray with 2 stud walls, there isnt even a door i have to use a curtain becouse of my sloping roof

Ideally it still should be fitted to a level surface but if thats not an option at least make sure the surface you are fitting to is completely flat and that the tray is fixed and supported evenly.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back