Flue gas analysers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Kane 250 packed in today :cry:
Not the best machine, I realise but its served me well enough.
I reckon repairs / calibration will be close to the £200 mark.
I'm not doing enough repairs to merit anything more expensive so can anyone comment on the Regin REGXA1 analyser?
Thanks in anticipation!
John :)

Sponsored Links
You'll miss your 250 if you go elsewhere. I've tried Telegan and Testo both of which I couldn't afford to keep going. Had a 250 for years and it's by far the most economical to run.

Hey thats very interesting, thanks.
The calibrating firm I use (JMW Ltd) reckon the sensors need renewing every 2 years, irrespective of frequency of use......hence my expensive comment.
Maybe I'll just get it done then.
Cheers!

I had a regin one for about a year it is basically a Kane 250
They make it

Sponsored Links
The various repairers seem to send the things direct to Kane anyway, so its on its merry way.
£165 + VAT :p

I've got a testo and you can keep them running what I hear from people is that with kanes is that the older they are the more expensive they are to keep them going.

From what I gather, the sensors / cells inside the 250 only last 2 years....which is why I thought that others, with a 5 year cell life, might be better. I understand the yearly calibration requirement though.

We ditched all of Kane FGA's 4 years ago due to high repair costs always breaking and impossible to keep charged!!

we now have 6 Sprint V2's which have proven to be far more reliable than the Kane carp, they actually reach their calibration date without breaking recal is about £150 + Vodka And Tonic i was told that Crowcron is the only company that makes the 02 & CO cells and they sell them to every FGA manufacturer!! ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back