Flueless gas fire ventilation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Flueless fires are fine. Woodburners are a heap of work and dirty.
Anyway, I have not used these yet, but will do the next tme I need a vent. They are paintable, and available in different colours. I THINK the draught should be more bearable, as it will be dissipated in 4 directions. There is a model offerring 105 sqcm, and are surprisingly inexpensive (at least to the trade, but I won't quote the price offerred to me)

They are very helpful on the phone

http://www.vents.co.uk/

Sponsored Links
Give me a wood burner any day of the week.

Thanks again.

And what type of fuel do you think a log burner uses?

That's right - fossil fuels.

You'll still need a vent.

Unless of course it is a balanced appliance. Which begs the question. WTF have you a flueless fire when you have a flued appliance so easily?

Had a vent fitted for 3/4 months now for my flueless- and in all honesty- today is the first time we have felt a draught through it--because it's blowing a gale outside.
Flueless droughts are 'HERESAY' take that from one who knows . NOT from one of those micky mouse plumbers who have never even fitted one and are scared to death to do so- because they just dont understand anything new.
Flueless gas fire- one of the best investments I have ever made.

Sponsored Links
Had a vent fitted for 3/4 months now for my flueless- and in all honesty- today is the first time we have felt a draught through it--because it's blowing a gale outside.
Flueless droughts are 'HERESAY' take that from one who knows . NOT from one of those micky mouse plumbers who have never even fitted one and are scared to death to do so- because they just dont understand anything new.

Those 'mickey mouse plumbers' are forever going into houses where the occupiers have blocked the air vent to stop the draught. :rolleyes:
Which suggests that they may know a bit more about the subject than you.

Can I ask, what Kw is your fire ?

Sure-- 2.5 max.
It's a burley Perception Flueless fire . Absolutely fantastic.

5'' core drill hole through the wall-- purpose made vent- complete with baffle--no problems at all.
Room size is approx- 33 cubic metres.

Those 'mickey mouse plumbers' are forever going into houses where the occupiers have blocked the air vent to stop the draught. :rolleyes:
Which suggests that they may know a bit more about the subject than you.

ps-- regarding micky mouse plumbers knowing more about f g fires tham me -- No Way do they know more.
Those sort of plumbers know nothing about them --they just like to think they know -which is untrue.
Take a step back sooey and learn - and accept change .
Millions of flueless fires have been fitted wordwide . But- sooeyknows best- even though he has never fitted one .

SOOEY- GET THE MESSAGE from one who has one fitted !!
There is NO NO NO issue with draughts at all. In fact- you can even fit the flue behind a wall radiator- if you wish- and if a draught occurs it would be a warm draught .
UNTIL YOU HAVE SAVED UP AND ARE ABLE TO AFFORD ONE AND FITTED ONE AND LIVED WITH ONE-- YOU HAVE NO RIGHT AT ALL TO MAKE FALSE ALLEGATIONS ABOUT THEM.
Get the nessage and if you want- get back to scaring people about a product you have no experience of fitting or using.

No one is interested in your experience of your one and only installation, I hope that's not a black hole vent you've got there with the baffle btw.
Plumbers experience many installations and I can tell you that air vents cause draughts and are very often blocked up because of it.
As it happens I did fit one of those flueless fires once against my better judgement, wouldn't do it again though.

PMSL , vents dont have draughts.
Fitted hundreds of core vents with baffles still have a draught , blackholes are better but still have a draught if wind hitting them.
And after working in tens of thousands of jobs with vents peter is the exeption
Oh and i have worked on thousands of flueless fires also.

Also vent behind a rad is not a recommended position

Fitted hundreds of core vents with baffles still have a draught , blackholes are better but still have a draught if wind hitting them.

Maybe his fitter never went right through, I hope he didn't cos it might finish the cnt off. :mrgreen:

SAYS WHO ??? GO ON TELL ME -- SHOW ME WHERE IT SAYS THAT ?? C'MON-- YOU Cant-- that's why--more plumbers scare tactics
C'mon-- show me where it says that ?
may not be recommended (?)- but it is ok to fit a vent there.

may not be recommended- but it is ok to fit a vent there.

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

may not be recommended- but it is ok to fit a vent there.

Well if you have any fitted in one of those imaginary houses you rent out you 'll find different, when the imaginary fitter ARs it because he can't check the vent on the imaginary LGSC. :LOL: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Dan_Robinson";p="2703875 said:
peterperfection";p="2703865 said:
ok- Before i go to bed- I'll just say goodnight to my persistent serial stalkers who await for me everytime I post a comment on this particular subject -- of which I KNOW much more than they do.

And I think you'll find we all have more experience than you might like to think of these things.

Any questions for desparate dan the dustbin man-- get em in quick-- he will be sozzled in a hour or so- but- hey- it wont make much difference to what he says -- it's all a load of cobblers anyway.

She locked you out of the flat bedroom again dannyboy ?. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back