Fluke 1653B Installation Tester

S

sjwkmje

Hi All,

Looking at getting an Installation Tester, I have all ways had Fluke test equipment so going to go with Fluke. Has any one used the Fluke 165 range of testers and what do you think?

I have have quite a few good reports. I am going with a 1653 as I would like the option of downloading the data from the unit. I have looked at megger and alphatek but rather go with Fluke, more personal choice really as I have never had an issue with any of the other Fluke test equipment I have.

Adam

Sponsored Links
I have a 1651 for 5 years and whilst I find it OK, I might go for a megger next time.

Leads/croc clips on the fluke are S**T and loop test can be very slow. Minor gripe is that the ends of the strap where it fixes onto the tester are poorly designed and come undone - I just managed to grab it to stop it falling off the top of my ladder last time

One the plus side, the remote test probe (about £60) was worth every penny when doing loop tests at lights.

Fluke technical generally very helpful too

SB

I've been using the 1652 for four years and agree with all the previous posts comments. I fitted cable ties to the strap ends as it fell off and dropped down the stairs (its very robust, it bounced three or four times)
I've also had to replace the leads twice. Some of the tests are slow but I wouldn't swap it for any other make.

I have the 1653
Never had any problems with it.
The crock clip problem some talk about, I've never encountered but I do always squeeze them up anyway.
The starps do come undone, to get over this & put a safety pin on the end of each strap.
All in all a very reliable & easy to use meter.

Sponsored Links
I have the Megger MFT1552 and have no major quarms with it (OK, the backlight is a little bit short lived and it won't do 2 lead no trip EFLI :LOL: )

The MFT1552 I have came with one of those lead things which has a button on to conduct a test but has remained in the box, to do a loop test all I do is connect the red and green normal lead, put the leads to the supply, the box bleeps a few times and does the test - dead easy!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back